Monthly Feedback Process¶
The organization has established an instance that will help developing our talent. The purpose of this is to bring objectivity, fairness and transparency for team member’s career path. Both instances give everyone the opportunity to give and receive feedback to everyone else.
We are now introducing monthly sessions conducted by the Squad Leader. The purpose is to have an agile framework to provide with feedback and and have regular iterations based on the opportunity areas that have been identified.
How it works¶
The Squad Leader (or Guild Leader for Squad Leaders) will schedule a monthly session with each team member. Everybody participates, regardless of the hiring date. Those team member who are part of more than one Squad, will be holding multiple feedback sessions with their Squad Leaders.
In each instance, the leader will need to provide feedback on:
- Tough: Two or three trigger words or phrases to serve as reminders during the review. Include performance issues, goals missed, interpersonal issues, and/or general quality of work feedback if it needs improvement.
- Love: Again, focus on two or three key words. Think highlights, goals achieved, great work, recent accomplishments, or accolades from clients or team members.
The idea is for this instance to be bi-directional and agile.
Every leader has the chance to create notes that will be saved every month.
Every full time squad contributor receives feedback by their squad leader.
A team member with clear objectives inside the squad is considered a full time contributor. A squad member who only attends to meetings as consultant won't participate in the feedback sessions.
If a team member participates in more than one squad as a full time contributor, they will receive feedback from both squad leaders.
Monthly feedback is only available for consultation for the team member, the squad Leader, the guild leader and people team.
The People Team oversees the process to ensure everybody is participating and it is administered properly.
The monthly feedback process is conducted on the first week of every month.
Perform Yard - Our Feedback tool¶
In order to make this process as easy and helpful as possible for everyone, the company has acquired Perform Yard as our feedback solution. This is a Performance Management tool that we will use to track all of our feedback sessions.
Leaders will be able to see their team’s personal info. For example:
- Group is their guild
- Manager is their main squad leader.
- Contributors are other squad leaders who should give feedback to this person too.
- Changes in a member info will be aligned to the org chart changes.
We will use forms to keep track of the monthly feedback sessions.
Every monthly form will include 4 fields:
- Tough section: This is a long answer field where you can type your notes about the tough part of your feedback.
- Love section: This is a long answer field where you can type your notes about the tough part of your feedback.
- Highlights: These two sections are to highlight in specific words what a member needs to improve or continue to do. For example:
- Improve: Communication, Delivery times, Documentation of their tasks.
- Strengths: Leadership in teamwork, ownership and great team player.